DIRECTORATE OF ACADEMICS
Office of the Directorate of Academics plays a central role in formulating Academic Rules and Regulations for the University. It addresses all issues relevant to quality of learning in all Faculties in collaboration with Deans and Chairs of the Departments. This office recommends and assists with the implementation of initiatives that promote critical thinking and improve academic and research activity. The Director of Academics serves as secretary to the University’s Academic Council, which includes preparing an agenda with the Deans and Chairs of Departments, holding meetings, recording decisions, and disseminating them to all parties involved for implementation. The office seeks approval / NOC from HEC before starting new program at UMW.
The Directorate of Academic reviews and updates academic programmes on a regular basis to assure the quality of curriculum, courses of study, and allied facilities, such as labs and classrooms. It also anticipates future requirements and provides estimates.
To ensure that all academic programmes at the University of Mianwali are efficiently executed and improved in accordance with HEC/HED standards.
Academic curriculum and policies must be developed, reviewed, and monitored in line with HEC/HED directives and accreditation body specifications.
Job Descriptions of Director Academics
- Develop policies and rules for undergraduate/postgraduate programs and ensure their effective implementation.
- Monitor execution of the academic regulations and academic decisions of the statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Monitoring the faculty workload.
- Preparation of academic calendar.
- Process cases of semester freeze and unfreeze.
- Public dealing with all academic related issues.
- Process recommendations and proposals submitted by Faculty Board of Studies through Academic Council.
- Process cases of equivalence, exemptions and time-bar extensions, in accordance with the University/HEC Rules.
- Scrutinize and process the cases of new programs for NOC from HEC.
- Process HEC approved supervisor cases of UMW faculty members and maintains their records.
- Monitor research progress of research scholars of all academic programs through quarterly progress reports.
- Facilitate the admissions date in MPhil admissions (paper setting / moderation, Interview, etc.).
- Perform any other duty related to academic matters assigned by the Vice Chancellor.