Academic Calendar 2022-2023
The competent authority has been pleased to approve the following Academic Calendar 2022–2023 for implementation in the University of Mianwali:
Fall Semester 2022
|Registration/Commencement of Classes||3rd October 2022 (Monday)|
|Milad-un-Nabi (12th of Rabi ul Awal) *||8th October 2022 (Saturday)*|
|Iqbal Day||9th November 2022 (Wednesday)|
|Mid Term Examination||28th November to 2nd December 2022 (Monday to Friday)|
|Last date to submit Mid-term Marks||9th December 2022 (Friday)|
|Quaid Day||25th December 2022 (Sunday)|
|Winter Vacation||26th to 30th December 2022 (Monday to Friday)|
|Last date to submit student’s attendance record of Semester and sessional Marks (before final examination)||27th January 2023 (Friday)|
|Kashmir Day||5th February 2023 (Sunday)|
|Final Examination||6th to 10th February 2023
(Monday to Friday)
|Result Declaration||24th February 2023 (Friday)|
Spring Semester 2023
|Registration/Commencement of Classes||27th February 2023 (Monday)|
|Pakistan Day||23rd March 2023 (Thursday)|
|Sports Week||6th to 10th March 2023 (Monday to Friday)
|Eid-ul-Fitr Holidays*||21st to 23rd April 2023 (Friday to Sunday) *|
|Mid Term Examinations (Start Date)||24th to 28th April 2023 (Monday to Friday)|
|Labour day||1st May 2023 (Monday)|
|Last date to submit Mid-term Marks||12th May 2023 (Friday)|
|Last date to submit students’ attendance record of Semester and sessional Marks (before final examination)||16th June 2023 (Friday)|
|Final Examinations (Start Date)||19th to 23rd June 2022 (Monday to Friday)|
|Result Declaration||6th July 2023 (Thursday)|
Summer Semester 2023
|Registration (week)||10th to 14th July 2023 (Monday to Friday)|
|Commencement/coaching of classes||17st July 2023 (Monday)|
|Youm-e- Ashura (9th and 10th Muharram) *||27th and 28th July 2023 (Thursday and Friday) *|
|Independence Day||14th August 2023 (Monday)|
|Mid Term Examination||15st to 18th August 2023 (Tuesday to Friday)|
|Defence Day||6th September 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Final Examination||18th to 22nd September 2023
(Monday to Friday)
|Result Declaration||29th September 2023 (Friday)|
*Subject to the sighting of the moon.
The standard operating procedures (SOPs) detailed hereunder shall be observed for the efficient implementation of Academic Calendar.
- Provision of curricula and syllabi of each course along with weekly breakup, examination scheme and strategies to all the students within first week of each semester.
- Development and maintenance of course file of each course by the concerned teacher to be offered in the relevant semester.
- For completion of curricula of syllabi and course credit hour requirement Saturday and Sunday may be included for teaching purposes (if needed).
- All the SOPs regarding the COVID-19 must be followed and observed.
SOP’s for Summer Semester 2023
- Students who have completed the Spring Semester 2023 shall be eligible for registration in 1–2 courses upto 08 credit hours to improve/pass the fail/withdrawn/incomplete courses of previous semesters. Course registration proforma is available on University of Mianwali website.
- The contact hours per week during the Summer Semester will be doubled to ensure 64/48/32 hours of teaching for 4/3/2 cr hr course, respectively.
- If minimum of 20 students are registered for a course only then their time table shall be arranged by the Department. For a 3 credit hour course, 6 hours per week shall be taught by the teacher, and for a 2 cr hr course, 4 hours per week shall be taught by the teacher.
- If less than 20 students are registered for a course then Guided Study Model will be implemented.
- The course registration proforma (annexed) shall be implemented to keep the record of registered subjects/courses.
- A student shall pay Rs. 5000/- per course/subject through challan form in University fee account.
- A teacher can take maximum of two (02) courses in Summer Semester. However, there is no limit for courses/subjects without classes (for a teacher to evaluate the students).
- All regular semester conditions shall apply for evaluation including Mid, Final, Practical, Sessional etc. for courses with classes, whereas Mid, Final, Practical (sessional marks remains same or proportional) for subjects without classes.
- Remuneration of the faculty shall be made as per rules.
- A list of registered students shall be forwarded to the office of the Registrar, University of Mianwali within 10 days after the last date of registration.
- For completion of course credit hour requirement Saturday and Sunday may be included for teaching purposes (if needed).
The University reserves the right to make any change in the schedule, as required.