URDU LITERARY SOCIETY
The establishment of linguistic departments in universities is the most important need of the day so that the students can acquire proficiency in national & foreign languages .Living nations has their own language and literature because literature preserves history, culture, values and traditions. All of these characteristics contribute towards making nation and society self-respecting and honorable. This department has its roll in making the students good human beings fully aware of their own culture, values, and tradition. Mianwali is one of the most important geographical city of Punjab. The department of Urdu was established in 2013. Classes of Master of Arts in Urdu were started in the same year. M. Phil Urdu degree program was started in 2015. About 124 MA students from Urdu department have completed the degree & one session of M. Phil had completed the degree. The four year degree program of BS Urdu was started in 2017. The Urdu department will be able to achieve a prominent position in domestic & foreign universities soon.
To provide a platform through multiple events, talks, sessions and discussions were the society can revamp the lost interest in literature. Aspire to assist the young writers by providing them an informal space such as zauq and many other writers
- Providing place to grow and polish writing skills.
- Have fun along with work.
- To initiate, spark, and facilitate debate within the student body.
- To inculcate among students a flair for the language and enhance their literary skills.
- To induce reading habit in students.
- To encourage students to become orators and display their intellectual, independent thinking skills and imbibe a sense of confidence.
Dr. Shafiq Asif
Syeda Humera Abid
Rahat ul Ayen